Saturday, September 25, 2010

I'm Leaving On a Jet Plane...

All my bags are packed and I'm ready to go.


Well, like I said, I have a lot of stuff. I was worried about weight limits but Dad, you'll be pleased to know, no problem there. I even got to check my duffel bag for free because they needed the space in the cabin. Good thing because it was rather heavy and I really wasn't looking forward to dragging it around the airport. I'm now at the Houston International Airport, where I'll be for the next few hours. The internet here isn't so good, but I'm thinking I might try to sleep soon anyway. I'm currently loosing a battle with a cold. Speaking of which, the flight here wasn't spectacular (so much pressure in my head, crying babies and a lot of waiting around on the tarmac) but I also slept a good deal of it. I suppose red eye flights aren't so bad...

The last couple of days have been interesting. I haven't slept much. I keep going from excited to sad and then back again. I had a great last night/day with the kids of Westwood. I'll be missing them quite a bit these next few months. Everyone keeps saying I'm going to have an amazing time though and I'm sure they're right. Kelsey (a UCLA friend who is doing this program with me) sent an email from Costa Rica (she arrived there a couple days ago) with all sorts of good info. She says the university is only about a block and a half from our house and recommended that I bring a wet suit for the walks to and from school. Apparently it is quite rainy there. Most importantly though, she says that our new host mom was once the #1 female javelin thrower in all of Central America! So cool.

On a side note, I have no idea what the Continental President's Club is, but I'm pretty certain that I want to be a part of it.

Only two hours to kill now. See you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment