Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween! (from a country that doesn't exactly celebrate Halloween)

Although I am currently eating chocolate, I did not get it from a friendly neighbor down the street. That's not safe here. Halloween is not a Costa Rican holiday.

That being said, I had a great Halloween weekend! I went to a costume party hosted by my Tico brother and his wife (they have a lot of gringo influence). I went to a huge Halloween event a La Rumba, my dancing hot spot. And I went to the zoo (with a stop at McDonald's on the way back).

Here's what I've come to realize: Everybody loves an excuse to have a great time, even in costume. Ticos have their own party songs too (you know the ones that EVERYONE knows the words and or dance to) and they get just as crazy with them. Percussionists and dancers are a must at every Costa Rican celebration. Zoos, although fun, are really not the happiest places for wild animals. And American fast food tastes better outside of America.

I also learned that... 
 Crocodiles leave their mouths open to cool off (and to make their prey think they're sleeping)  
I love cats of all sizes.
 
And birds of all colors.
 Porcupines smell bad.
 And spiders are creepy, even if they sometimes look cool.

I started my new Spanish class last week. It's fun though not as great as my last one. (I was really spoiled last month). I am still, however, loving my photo class - even without my camera. Last week we began learning some basics in Photoshop. Here's my newest creation:



Happy Trick-or-Treating America!

(oh and speaking of black and orange, how bout them Giants?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment